Pontoon Beach Police Department - Police Officer Opportunity
The Pontoon Beach Police Commission announces a career opportunity with the Pontoon Beach Police Department.
The purpose of the testing is to establish a Police Officer eligibility list for both entry level hire and lateral hire. The list will serve as the sole resource of persons hired for the position of Police Officer.
The qualification list below is not a complete listing of qualifications, but an overview. The applicant must:
- Be at least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age at the time the eligibility list is effective or have prior Law Enforcement or Military experience.
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid Illinois Driver's License.
- Pass a written examination, polygraph test, background investigation, medical examination and psychological examination.
- Pass an oral examination by the Board of Police Commissioners.
- Possess a valid POWER Test card. (Lateral Hire Exempt)
- Be an Illinois resident and comply with the Village of Pontoon Beach Ordinance concerning residency. (If Hired)
- Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Have 20/20 vision or correctable to 20/20 with glasses and shall not be color blind.
In order to be eligible to take the general aptitude written examination, the entry level police officer applicant must first submit a complete application and proof of passing the physical agility examination. (POWER Test)
Pontoon Beach Police Department currently relies upon the Southwestern Illinois College (SWIC) POWER Test program for police officer applicants looking to obtain the necessary proof of completion for the POWER Test.
Applicant must sign for an application packet. A copy of the applicant's driver's license will be made at that time. Applications can be picked up at the Pontoon Beach Police Department beginning November 22, 2021 and will continue through December 22, 2021.