Message From Chief Chris Modrusic
I would like to personally welcome you to the Pontoon Beach Police Department web page. I would also like to take this opportunity to introduce myself and the members of our police department. I am Chief Chris Modrusic. I was appointed Chief of Police in March, 2015. I have been employed with the Pontoon Beach Police Department since April 1995. The police department consists of Assistant Chief Rich Schardan, Sergeant James Autrey, Sergeant Rich Carney, Sergeant Chris Warren, Officer Todd Irvin, Officer Larry Brantley, Detective Michael Williams, Officer Pablo Herandez, Detective Adam LeGette, Officer Austin Schleper, Officer Caleb Hartwig, Officer Cody Anderson, Officer Tyler Timmins, Officer Dustin Campbell, Officer John Simmons, Dispatcher Tony Sternberg, Records Clerk Dawn Lienemann, Dispatcher Daniel Calderon, Dispatcher Charmaine Ridenour, Dispatcher Luke Schwartz, and Dispatcher Chris Wallace.
I also want to invite the public to become our "partners" in the fight against crime as we pursue our goal of making Pontoon Beach the safest community in America.
My mission for the Pontoon Beach Police Department is a commitment to continuous improvement. My appointment as Chief of Police has provided me the opportunity to work closely with the Mayor, Board of Trustees, Police Commissioners, citizens of Pontoon Beach, and other community leaders to continue to improve our efforts in providing the community with the best police service possible. Pontoon Beach Police Department prides itself in excellence and will continue to be a safe community to live in, visit, and do business.
Department Mission, Vision & Values
It is the Mission of the Pontoon Beach Police Department to serve the public in partnership with the community, protect human life, property, prevent crime, resolve problems, assure public safety, and promote a safe community.
The Pontoon Beach Police Department will be known for its commitment to continuous improvements. The Village will be known as a safe community to live, visit and do business. We will strive to represent the following values: Integrity, Motivation, Professionalism, Accountability, Courage and Trust.
- Integrity: We practice honest and responsible behavior, consistent with our Code of Ethics, thus generating pride, confidence, and trust in our local government.
- Motivated: We have the desire to provide the village with the most professional police service. Our actions and behavior will carry us toward that desired goal.
- Professionalism: We treat the public with dignity and respect. We understand we are public servants and we will earn their respect by our actions and methods.
- Accountability: We are accountable to the citizens for our actions. We are also accountable to each other, for the completion of our mission, vision, and adherence to our values.
- Courage: We are aware of the dangers and difficulties law enforcement entails, but we bravely accept this role as police officers and face these dangers and difficulties without fear.
- Trustworthy: We will show we are worthy of the faith and trust the community has placed upon us, we will earn the confidence of our community, by being honest in thoughts, deeds and being accountable for our actions.
If you need to contact the Department, please call 618-931-5100, and the dispatch officer will direct your call to the appropriate personnel.